What are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are the abnormal tumour growth in or on the woman’s uterus. Many times, these tumour become large in size which results in critical abdominal pain and heavy periods. The other names of fibroids are:
- Uterine myomas
It is not necessary that a woman having fibroid shows detectable signs and symptoms at all. In fact, according to research, nearly 50 percent of the woman have fibroids in them by the age of 40 but don’t show any symptoms.
Uterine Fibroids Treatments:
There are many treatments available for the uterine fibroids which include some home remedies, many medications, and surgeries. But however, the ‘’Best treatment for Fibroid’’ is the minimally invasive procedures such as ‘’Uterine fibroid embolization’’. This treatment is currently gaining very popular as it doesn’t include the invasive traditional procedure.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE):
Uterine Fibroid Embolization is the ‘’Best Fibroids Treatment’’ as it is a minimally invasive technique for treating the fibroids or fibroid tumours of the uterus. These tumours can cause heavy pain while menstruation, menstrual bleeding, and pressure on the bowel.
How UFE treatment is performed?
In the UFE treatment, the interventional radiologist used high-quality X-ray cameras to perform the minimally invasive procedure. It is an image-guided treatment. The intervention radiologist delivers the particles using a catheter to the uterine arteries. Generally, the intervention radiologist performs this procedure in a cath lab.
- The patient is placed at the examining table.
- Then, the doctor connects the patient to the monitors for tracking the heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse.
- An intravenous line is inserted into the vein to give the sedative meditation intravenously. Anaesthesia can be also used.
- The location where the catheter needs to be inserted is sterilized and covered with a surgical drape.
- That area gets numb by using a local anaesthetic, and the doctor put a small tube in groin under ultrasound guidance.
- By employing the cameras, the intervention radiologist inserts the catheter into the femoral artery and target the uterine artery. Angiography to confirm the blood supply of fibroid followed by superselective embolization of feeders by small particles called ‘’PVA or Embosphere’’.
- After the procedure, the radiologist removes the catheter, and apply the pressure for stopping the bleeding. The skin area is covered by a dressing, and the intravenous line would be removed.
In Rajasthan Dr Rajendra Bansal is ‘’Best Doctor for Fibroid Embolization’’
He is having a proven record of more than 100 cases of fibroid treatment by the Uterine Fibroid Embolization treatment .
The uterus fibroid symptoms depend on the tumour number plus their location and size as well. For e.g. submucosal fibroids cause heavy menstrual bleeding.
In the menopause, the tumour is very small so the person doesn’t show any such symptoms. During menopause, the fibroids get shrink as the levels of estrogen and progesterone get drops which stimulate the fibroid growth.
- Heavy bleeding including blood clots during the periods.
- Pain in the lower back or pelvis bone
- Increase in menstrual cramping
- Urination increase
- Long duration of menstruation
- Pressure in the abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. If you are looking for the treatment, then you should consult at Flowcare Intervention & Pain Clinic, Jaipur to get the uterine fibroids treatment in Jaipur.
There are two hormones that ovaries produce estrogen and progesterone. These hormones cause the uterine lining regeneration during the menstrual cycle which stimulates the growth of fibroids.
If in your family, your mother, sister, or grandmother have suffered from fibroids, then you are more likely to suffer from it.
The level of the above-mentioned hormones also increases in the pregnancy. Therefore, fibroids may develop while you are pregnant.
Consult Dr. Rajendra Bansal at Flowcare Clinic, Jaipur for best Uterine fibroids treatment.
Dr. Rajendra Bansal is amongst the exclusive and rare few Interventional Radiologists in Rajasthan, having 8 years of experience. He can give you the complete guide about this treatment step by step. He has vast experience in uterine fibroid complicated cases. Flowcare is a leading fibroid clinic led by specialist fibroid surgeons offering fibroid diagnosis, treatment and surgery in Jaipur, Rajasthan.